Double Pump Summer Tip-Off Tournament
ASICS DOUBLE PUMP HIGH SCHOOL BOYS SUMMER TIP-OFF TOURNAMENT
The American Sports Centers (25 courts)
1500 South Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Please be advised that all teams must check-in prior to the start of their first game. Team Check-In will be held on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 starting at 8:00am and ending at 10:00pm at the American Sports Centers. Following NCAA Rules and Regulations, all coaches and team members must be present at the team check-in for the mandatory NCAA Educational Session. Team Coaches NCAA Approval Numbers will also be checked at this time.
WEDNESDAY – Games will begin at 5:00pm on all courts. Last games on Friday will start at 9:40pm (games every 1 hour and 10 minutes)
THURSDAY – SATURDAY – Games will begin at 9:00am on all courts. Last games will start at 8:40pm (games every 1 hour and 10 minutes)
SUNDAY – Games will begin at 9:00am on all courts. Last games on Sunday will start at 2:50pm (games every 1 hour and 10 minutes)
PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TRAVEL TIME TO ARRIVE AT YOUR GAMES EARLY. DO NOT BE LATE TO YOUR GAMES. FORFEIT RULES WILL APPLY.
NOTE: During Peak travel times between 6:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 8:00pm freeway traffic will be slow.
WEDNESDAY $10.00 ALL DAY
THURSDAY $10.00 ALL DAY
FRIDAY $10.00 ALL DAY
SATURDAY $10.00 ALL DAY
SUNDAY $10.00 ALL DAY
VIP Parking: $10.00 per day
The American Sports Centers will offer a limited number of reserved VIP parking spaces directly in front of the entrance for $10.00. These spaces can be held during the day, if the guest needs to leave the ASC for a period of time. In addition, parking spaces in the rear of the building accessible from Anaheim Blvd. are $10.00. Gates will open one hour prior to the start of the event.
Street Level Parking: $5.00 per day
From the corner of Katella and Anaheim: Turn North on Claudina Way and proceed to the end of the cul-de-sac.
From the front of the ASC: Turn right out of the ASC parking lot onto Cerritos Ave.
Turn right on Lewis Street
Turn right on Katella Avenue
Turn right on Anaheim Way followed by an immediate right on Claudina Way
Proceed to the end of the cul-de-sac.
Attendants will be available to assist you.
The Anaheim Market Place (North of ASC) offers parking in its private lot MOST weekends for $15.00. Neither ASC, SCVA, nor any other group affiliated with ASC benefits from this paid parking. Please use the crosswalk if you choose to park in this lot.
DO NOT park in the business parking lots to the South and to the West of ASC. Business owners have cars towed each weekend. Street parking along Cerritos (West of Anaheim Blvd.) is legal.
TOURNAMENT GAME RULES
National High School Federation rules will be followed with the few exceptions listed below.
- Each player will be allowed a total of six (6) fouls before being disqualified.
- All games will be played in two (2) sixteen (16) minute halves. Overtime is in 2 minute periods.
- There will be a two (2) minute break between halves.
- Teams will be allowed to call two (2) full timeouts and one thirty (30) second timeout during the regulation game. One additional thirty (30) second timeout is added for each overtime session.
- There will be a minimum of a three (3) minute warm-up period between games.
- No game will begin before the time listed on the official game schedule.
- Players are allowed to play for one team only. The first team a player plays for is his official team. If a player participates for any other team, that team will forfeit the game(s) and the player will be ineligible to continue in the tournament.
- All players must have high school eligibility remaining or going into their first year of prep school. Any violation will result in forfeiture of games.
- All players must be legal residents of the state in which their team is located or be a legal resident of a geographical adjoining state. No more than three (3) players from adjoining states may be on a team’s roster. Any violation will result in forfeiture of games.
- In pool play, the team listed first is the home team and will wear light colored jerseys. In bracket play, the home team is listed first in the game numbers schedule and will wear light colored jerseys.
- Final pool standings are determined by win-loss records within the same pool. Tie breaking procedures are: 1) Head to head competition in a two way tie 2) Point differential in all pool games with a maximum of fifteen (15); (10) for a forfeit. 3) Defensive points allowed in all pool games. Once the highest place team is determined by the process above the sequence is repeated one step at a time, beginning with win-loss record, until all places are determined. If all categories do not determine the order of finish, a coin toss is utilized as a final step.
- It is a forfeit game if a team does not have five (5) players present within five (5) minutes after the scheduled start time of any game.